Monday, January 28, 2013

A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr

by
 

5 of 5 stars false
Read from January 25 to 28, 2013

I really liked this 4th book in the Virgin River Series. It is considered a novella and a stand alone novel. I think that by reading #s 1,2,3 in the series really helped to understand this one better. You had a feel for the setting and how the characters interacted with one another in the previous books. I feel the whole idea of this book was to be introduced to 2 new characters in the series. I hope Robyn Carr continues to include them in the following VR books. If not then I feel she left you hanging too much about Marcie and Ian's future relationship with one another. I also like how the previously introduced characters had a role in this book.

I found the book to be emotional at times and truly touching. Ian had a lot of emotional baggage to deal with and I don't blame him to react as he did, but there are other ways to cope with it in a more positive way. I am glad Marcie's determination quality was able to turn things around for Ian's self esteem. He really did have lots to be proud of.

Looking forward to reading the next book in the VR series.

1 comment: