Saturday, May 31, 2014

1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber

by
May 31,2014 

Read from May 24 to 31, 2014

Synopsis: You’ve probably heard that my wife has left me. Rachel’s pregnant, and she says that she can’t handle the stress in our household anymore. My thirteen-year-old daughter, Jolene, is jealous of her. Maybe it’s my fault. As a widower I spoiled her – Jolene was reading over my shoulder just now and says that’s not true. She claims Rachel ruined everything. But that’s not true. The real question is: How can I get my wife back? I don’t even know where she is. She’s not with Teri Polgar or any of her other friends from the salon. The other question is. . . when will Jolene grow up and stop acting like such a brat? Of course, I’m not the only one in town with problems. Linc Wyse’s father-in-law is trying to destroy his business. And you know Charlotte Rhodes? Seems she’s becoming forgetful, and the family’s worried about her and Ben. Lots of other stuff going on – but Rachel is better at keeping up with it than I am. If you have any idea where my wife is, please give me a call. Please. —Bruce Peyton

My Review:

I enjoyed reading this 11th book of The Cedar Cove Series. I like how I got to read about the continuing lives of the Cedar Cove residents. I feel like all of them are my friends.I read other books in between the books of this series but Debbie Macomber had a way of reminding me about the lives of all the residents and what their relationship issues were. The issues are very realistic. Some of the characters I really liked while others annoyed me. This book has cliffhangers which I am looking forward to seeing what the outcomes will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment