Monday, May 12, 2014

Still Life by Louise Penny

by

May 12, 2014

 
Read from April 26 to May 10, 2014



Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Sûreté du Québec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montréal and yet a world away. Jane Neal, a long-time resident of Three Pines, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it’s a tragic hunting accident and nothing more but Gamache smells something foul this holiday season…and is soon certain that Jane died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bow hunter.

My Review:

Louise Penny is a new author for me. This book is part of a detective series and I believe it is one of her first written books. I love this genre because it makes me feel like one of the detectives trying to solve the crime mystery. This book was good, but it went a little to slow for me. I didn't find it to be a page turner until the last 50 pages or so. I like how she gave clues as to who may have committed the crime. They all seemed very likely as to who the killer might be. I wasn't too surprised by the ending since I felt I knew who committed the crime. I will try reading other books by Louise Penny since she came highly recommended to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment