Friday, November 1, 2013

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

by

Nov 01, 2013  

Read from October 26 to November 01, 2013

Ira Levinson is in trouble. At ninety-one years old, in poor health and alone in the world, he finds himself stranded on an isolated embankment after a car crash. Suffering multiple injuries, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes and comes into focus beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remember their love story and recount their life together. This is how the reader learns about the deep love they had for each other.

A few miles away, at a local rodeo, a Wake Forest College senior’s life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward -- even life and death – loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans -- a future that Luke has the power to rewrite . . . if the secret he’s keeping doesn’t destroy it first.

Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected surprises.

My review: I think Ruth and Ira's life together was so touching and sweet. They were so devoted to one another which is not always seen nowadays. I enjoyed reading about the budding romance of Luke and Sophia too. I kept changing my thoughts about which romance story I liked the best. I also kept wondering how these two couples would meet up with one another. I was quite surprised how it happened. I never expected it. This story ended on a happy note which is always nice to read.

2 comments:

  1. Nicholas always writes such touching books. This sounds like a good on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read this book yet, but I really enjoy Nicholas Sparks books! This one is on my "to be read" list!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete