Friday, November 8, 2013

Hold The Cream Cheese, Kill The Lox by Sharon Kahn

by


Nov 08, 2013  

Read from November 03 to 07, 2013

Ruby, the rabbi's wife, travels from one side of the United States to the other investigating the murder of a master lox cutter, whose roots are traced back to Nazi-era Denmark.

I liked this light hearted cozy mystery. Parts of it were comical due to the parts of Essie Sue , who has a narcissistic personality and her nemesis Ruby, who is an amateur sleuth. I don't know how Ruth allows Essie Sue to get away with the things she does. Somehow, Ruth gets roped into watching Essie Sue's wild 13 year old twin boys. The antics they end up pulling are unbelievable. Meanwhile a murder has happened in their Texas town and this is where Ruth jumps in and wants to help solve the crime.

I also liked the Jewish culture that was part of this book. It brought me back to when I was a child and used to listen to my grandparents speak Yiddush to my parents.

If you want to read a quick comical mystery then i think you might like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment