Tuesday, August 20, 2013


Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber

by

Aug 20,20 13  

Read from August 17 to 20, 2013

This book is the second book in The Rose Harbor series which is a spinoff from the Cedar Cove Series. Some of the CC characters are revisited in this book.

Rose Harbor in Bloom allows the lives of three women to cross paths. One,Jo Marie, has lost her husband while he is in Afghanistan, but she fears he is still alive. The next woman is Annie who throws a wedding anniversary party for her grandparents and is disappointed when they start fighting like an old married couple. Last but not least is Mary who has cancer and should have married the man of her dreams long ago, but she chose to leave. She now comes back in hopes of settling things before she possibly dies of Cancer.

I found this book to be a quick, touching read. There were emotional parts as well as comical parts.
I enjoyed reading about Mary and George the most. Even though their story was emotional, I was compelled to read about it. The next storyline I liked was Jo Marie's. I was anxious to see if her husband was alive and if not how her life was going to change and if it includes a relationship with Mark who seems to have a past worth looking into. Annie's storyline was the least interesting to me.

Debbie Macomber definitely left some cliffhangers at the end so I am assuming there will be another book in this series. I just hope I don't have to wait a year before it comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! =)
    I really enjoyed this book also, and am looking forward to future books in this series!

    ReplyDelete