Monday, July 1, 2013

palisades park

Palisades Park by Alan Brennert

by

Read from June 21 to 30, 2013

I loved this book. First of all, I think every New Jersey girl would like it. It brought back memories of Palisades Park for me. Olympic Park and Coney Island were other places in the book and I certainly have fond memories especially of Coney Island. I was familiar with all the town names too.

The book was definitely a historical saga taking place between the 1930s and early 1970s. The author included events such as what it was like during wartime, problems of segregation and the hardships of life during those years.

The characters were very real to me and the author did a lot of research for this book to make it as real as possible. There was a combination of happiness, sadness, and determination with the characters.

I feel the message that was being conveyed was always follow your dreams and don't let anyone or anything stop you from achieving them.

I am looking forward to reading other books written by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment