Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Next Always by Nora Roberts

by
Dec 30, 20 12  ·  edit

3 of 5 stars false
Read from December 16 to 30, 2012

This is my first Nora Roberts book so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as her other books go. I found the main plot to be boring. I feel she overdid the description of how the Inn was built and the decisions of how to decorate it. I would have liked to have seen less of the details for it. However I liked the relationship of Beckett and Clare and how it blossomed. I was happy to see that Clare found someone to love again after losing her husband. I also like how Beckett showed how much he cared for her even though she had three boys and how he took on the father role for them. I did not like Sam at all and I feel he got what he deserved at the end. I know the ghost was somewhat important in the plot especially at the end, but I didn't particularly care for the parts of the story that involved the ghost. I have a feeling the next book in the trilogy will be much better and won't focus so much of the creation of the Inn and more on the characters' relationships with one another. Hope I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment