Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

by


Nov 18, 2012  ·  edit

3 of 5 stars false
Read from November 10 to 18, 2012




I am giving Gone Girl 3 stars. The first half of the book was going way to slow for me. All it talked about was an investigation into one of the character's disappearance. I think that part could have been shortened somewhat.I kept reading it though because I waited 3 months to get the book from the library and wanted to know why everyone seemed to like it.

But then the second part, had a wicked twist that changed everything. The story became better , dangerous and deranged. It started to hold my attention more. The main characters started to reveal sides to them that were quite shocking, not pretty and I found myself feeling sorry for one of them and hating the other. That feeling reversed itself as I read on. Actually it kept changing back and forth between the two main characters.

Even though I like mystery and suspense books this one just didn't do it for me as others in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment