Monday, May 18, 2015

Fax Me a Bagel by Sharon Kahn

by


May 18, 2015  

Read in May, 2015

This first title in the new Agatha Award-acclaimed series features Ruby, the widow of the rabbi in Eternal, Texas. When a patron drops dead in The Hot Bagel, Ruby's friend the baker faces interrogation--and Ruby starts wondering about a connection to her husband's still-unsolved hit-and-run death.

My Review:

I picked up this book to read because I liked the title. It has a lot of humor even though it involved a murder. It wasn't a very deep murder though as in not a lot of twists at all. It was a fast read. I liked the main character, Ruby but didn't care for Essie Sue or the new Rabbi. I connected with this book because of the Yiddish words in the book. They were words that my parents and grandparents always spoke. There were also settings that I was familiar with which made the book more personable I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment