Friday, November 28, 2014


Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr

by

Nov 28, 2014


FOUR YEARS AGO, AIR FORCE SWEETHEARTS FRANCI DUNCAN AND SEAN RIORDAN REACHED AN IMPASSE. SHE WANTED MARRIAGE AND A FAMILY. HE DIDN'T. BUT A CHANCE MEETING PROVES THAT THE BITTER BREAKUP HASN'T COOLED THEIR SIZZLING CHEMISTRY.

Sean has settled down in spite of himself --- he's not the cocky young fighter pilot he was when Franci left, and he wants them to try again. After all, they have a history ... but that's not all they share.

Franci's secret reason for walking away when Sean refused to commit is now three and a half: a redheaded cherub named Rosie who shares her daddy's emerald-green eyes. Sean is stunned --- and furious with Franci for the deception.

News travels fast in Virgin River, and soon the whole town is taking sides. Rebuilding their trust could take a small miracle --- and the kind of love that can move mountains

My Review:

I liked this book which is book 10 of the Virgin River Series. By this point I feel like the characters are my friends. I am half way through the series. I have been leaving too many long time gaps in reading of The Virgin River books. When I pick up another book in the series, I have to try to remember who the characters are and how they fit into the books. There are so many different characters. Usually the author does a pretty good job in bringing you back to what happened in the previous books. In this book, I don't feel she did as great a job. Maybe I just let too much time go before I picked this book up. I need to have more continuity as I go through the books. Anyhow, I liked finding out more about the lives of the citizens of Virgin River. Each book focuses on some of the characters who live in VR. As I read these books,I often wonder if there is any place just like VR. There is such closeness between the families. I don't know if that is good or bad but they are always there for one another. It's like one big happy family. I was surprised about some of the events of this book. One such case is the relationship between Maureen and George. It happened way too quickly and I felt it was too unrealistic. It should be interesting to see what happens next in the lives of the citizens of VR.

No comments:

Post a Comment