Thursday, January 16, 2014


Walking Shadow by Robert B. Parker

by

Jan 16, 2014  

bookshelves: 2014-new-authors
Read from January 12 to 16, 2014



A theater manager is being stalked by a mysterious figure and asks Spenser to help. Before he can start investigating, an actor is shot and killed on stage during a performance. An actress also complains of being followed. While he’s trying to figure out exactly what’s going on, Spenser gets threatened by the leader of the local Chinese gangs. After surviving a hail of bullets, Spenser and Hawk turn to gunman and gangster Vinnie Morris for assistance.

My Review:

Robert Parker is a new author for me. I am going to add him to my list of good detective story writers. A friend of mine gave me the book to read since I like the detective genre. This one did not disappoint me. It was an easy read that kept me guessing until the end. I did have some hunches though as I read through the book. Apparently, this is one of the books from The Spenser Series which includes 39 books!! I would imagine if I go back to the first book in the series, I will get some background information about the characters and the situations they have been through.

The only thing that annoyed me was the overuse of the word "said." It was constantly "I said, She said, or He said." There are lots of words that can be used to substitute for the word "said.

No comments:

Post a Comment