Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Secret Splendor by Sandra Brown

by

Jan 02, 2014  

bookshelves: new-to-me-authors, 2014-new-authors-for-me
Read from December 30, 2013 to January 02, 2014

She is a mother searching for her child . . .

After the death of her little boy, Joey, Arden Gentry feels a terrible emptiness. Divorced and devastated over the loss of her son, Arden is utterly alone.

But she has another son -- a child she agreed to give up at birth to save her marriage and her family from financial ruin. Now that Joey is gone, Arden is convinced that the son she'd never held could ease her overwhelming heartache.

After years of monitoring his whereabouts, Arden leaves Los Angeles behind and goes to Maui, where her son is currently living. But in the tropical paradise of Hawaii, Arden starts to doubt her decision to contact him. Because she knows that finding him could resurrect all the half-truths, secrets and unspeakable lies that surrounded his birth.

My review:
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked the beginning chapter when the plot was introduced and I definitely liked the last 60 pages. I couldn't put it down. I was really into those parts.

The middle of the book was unrealistic to me. The way the 2 main characters fell in love so quickly was ridiculous. I do like how they both had self esteem issues and they were able to help one another overcome them. However, the explicit sex scenes, I could have done without. I found myself scanning over those parts since they became repetitive and they were fill-ins for the plot.

Without giving too much away, I was really annoyed with one of the characters since he was a dirty rotten scoundrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment