Thursday, October 17, 2013

74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber

by

Oct 17, 20 13 

Dear Reader, I'm living a life I couldn't even have" dreamed" of a few years ago. I'm married to Bobby Polgar now (you know, the famous chess champion who just happens to be the man I love ). And we've got this beautiful house with a view of Puget Sound.

Lately something's been worrying Bobby, though. When I asked, he said he was 'protecting his queen' and I got the oddest feeling he wasn't talking about chess but about "me." He wouldn't say anything else.

Do you remember Get Nailed, the beauty salon in Cedar Cove? I still work there. I'll tell you about my friend Rachel, who's got two men interested in her (count 'em, "two"). And I'll let you in on what I've heard about Linnette McAfee, who left town when her love life fell apart. ("That" kind of trouble I know all about.) Come in soon for a manicure and a chat, okay?

Teri ( Miller) Polgar


MY REVIEW
This book continues the Cedar Cove saga, which I really enjoy. Each book concentrates on one set of characters while keeping the other residents of Cedar Cove in the story. The main story line in this book center on Teri and her new husband Bobby, but Olivia, Grace, and all the others are included as well as the introduction of some new characters and new story lines to remember and keep straight in your head as you read. That is the only thing that bothers me about The Cedar Cove books; too many characters and too many story lines. What I do like is that Debbie Macomber briefly recaps the characters and situations (from previous books) in each book in case the reader doesn't read the books one after another. This book ends with some cliffhangers which makes the reader want to go on to #8 in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment