Thursday, June 13, 2013


16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber

Jun 13, 2013 

Read from June 08 to 13, 2013

I started to read this Cedar Cove book because starting this summer, The Hallmark Channel will have a series called Cedar Cove and I wanted to try to read the books first. I know I won't get them all done in time, but whatever I can get done will help.

I really liked this book even though there were so many characters in it. I had to write notes about each one so I wouldn't mix them up which I have done before in other books I have read. The book focuses on the lives of 5 people and the things that are going on in their troubled lives. So there are 5 subplots. Debbie Macomber wrote the book in such a way that she keeps jumping back and forth between subplots. There were heartbreaking situations as well as positive outcomes.

I liked most of the characters, but Justine was getting on my nerves because of her inability to make decisions. I thought it was pretty obvious about her future. I wanted to hit her on the head and tell her to wake up. I felt sorry for Grace and it should be interesting to see how things progress for her in the next book. I was happy that Cecelia and Ian were working out their differences thanks to Olivia. It's too early to make comments about the lives of Charlotte and Olivia.

I am looking forward to book 2 in the series---204 Rosewood Lane. It should be interesting to see how life continues for the characters. I think Cedar Cove would be a nice place to live.

1 comment: