Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nights Of Rain And Stars by Maeve Binchy

by
Mar 21, 2013  ·  

Read from March 12 to 21, 2013

I really liked this book. It's the first book I have read by this author. What I liked about it is that 4 people from other countries have left their homes to go to an island in Greece. They all had personal home issues that they wanted to escape from. They meet a resident woman, named Vonni, there who also has issues but they find that out later on. She makes it a point to help each one of them work through their issues . It is almost like she is a saint. She still needs to work through her own though. They end up realizing their mistakes and return to their homes. Meanwhile they have bonded with one another and will stay in touch. Two of the people are attracted to one another. So the reader is lead to believe that a relationship will develop between them.

I would have liked to have seen a sequel to this book. This way we would know how their lives continue. I guess we have come up with our own ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Maeve Binchy fan and have read a few of her books. I am glad to hear this is another good one. I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read any books by Maeve Binchy yet, this one sounds really interesting! =)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete